The Urban Education Ministry program takes place at Mosaic, a church in the heart of Hollywood in Los Angeles, CA. It offers a unique immersive experience in leadership, creativity, diversity, and furthering your academic education on the forefront of the movement of the global Church. Students will learn from Mosaic’s pastors and leadership team, including Mosaic’s founder and Lead Pastor Erwin McManus. Over two semesters, the certification is equatable to 30 hours of coursework, and can be put toward a degree or utilized as a stand alone program.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Certificate in Ministry Leadership and Practice is for those engaged in contextual ministry and desiring additional training.
This Certificate is designed to provide opportunities for vocational exploration; spiritual formation; contextualized ministry field education; and tools and practice of biblical, theological, and ethical studies as well as forms of communicating for ministry contexts. Students will have opportunity to reflect on their own place in the world while developing leadership skills toward coming alongside and partnering in the facilitating of growth for those in their communities.
After completing the certificate program, persons will be able to:
- Demonstrate qualities of loving character in relating to God, self, “other,” and the world.
- Use scholarly methods to study and analyze biblical, theological, and ethical texts.
- Utilize a Wesleyan theo-ethical approach to construct and evaluate their own theological values and sources and to determine the concrete implications of those.
- Practice and facilitate a contextual approach to ministry.
- Connect their own story, stories of their ministry context, and the biblical-historical Christian story and communicate these in written, verbal, and visual forms. Integrate their educational journey with their emerging ministry path.
Ministry Practice: Exploring Vocation and Call
The Bible as Literature
Ministry Field Education in an Urban Context I
Christian Spiritual Formation
Ministry Field Education in an Urban Context II
Life and Teachings of Jesus
An Introduction to Christian Theologies
Methods and Practice of Public Communication for Ministry
Religious and Philosophical Foundations of Ethical Practice
Ministry Certificate Integrative Capstone
Tuition for this program is $250 per credit, so each class will cost $750 (not including books and materials). There is an additional $200 per semester student fee (the program spans 2 semesters). Financial aid for this certificate program is not available.
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
To be considered for admission to the Certificate in Ministry Leadership and Practice, you must submit the application form, which includes two short answer essays, as well as two letters of recommendation (which can be uploaded with your application).